Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Anti Thievery Advice

Okay, I know that I'm beating the same drum a bit this week, but the vandalism, theft and mindless damage appears to be quite the epidemic in our neighbourhood right now.
Creepier than any Hallowe'en...
And I've had some private email responses about disturbing incidents. Here are two pieces of advice that I was asked to share:
1) If something happens to your car, expect a repeat incident hot on the heels of it. (i.e. your car is broken into one night, then again the next night, or the next week.)
2) A common point of entry into houses is basement windows. Even WITH people in the house. And I quote a neighbour, "the police told us there was a rash of break-ins done in a similar way. They take the screen off a basement window and get in. We are getting bars for those windows."
Keep safe!
Vanessa
PS I also was told that there have been televised news stories about our current "crime spree," but I've certainly missed them!

No comments: